Saturday, February 04, 2006

Huemehaha

Water Colder than Arctic ice,
Sprinkled on my scarred face,
Piercing winds, conspicuously absent sun,
A face! My Quest complete!

I know not where I was,
I know not why I was,
I know not what I was,
I know nothing but
Who she was.

She crossed the stream,
With footsteps as sift as the current,
Walking on the water, yes, ON water
Elegant as hundred synchronised dancers
“Huemehaha!” I exclaimed
A smile warmed the waters,
The wind was no more than a bracing breeze,
The sun dispelled the clouds
To catch a glimpse.

“I know not where I am,
I know not why I am,
I know not what I am,
I know nothing but
Who you are,” I said.

She never spoke, never.
And I never stopped, never.
I knew every word I said made an impact,
On both of us.
“What do you want to know?” I asked.
No reply. “Everything,” I replied.
I knew I was right.
“Why am I here?”
“I’ll understand when I finish.”
“Why do you want to know?”
“To understand better.”

And it started.
I Spoke, and she listened.
A monologue? No.
She answered everything.
Through her eyes, hands, hair,Through me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home