Saturday, March 05, 2005

Purpose?

My laziness to post on this Blog reached new heights today. I tried convincing myself that it was a wasteful exercise.

"No one reads these posts anyway. You're just sending these 'cosmic messages into the cyberspatial void', " I told myself, "its not literature by any stretch of imagination, and its got hardly anyone thinking." I doubted these statements - there were comments on almost all posts, I inspired Sita to write a post on her blog, and there might be a million people secretly reading your Blog.

I wondered whether I should change the name of my Blog - is 'Mr. Tambourine Man' too unimaginative? Is aandthirtyeights too complicated to type each time you wanted to get to my Blog?

Then I wondered - why the hell am I writing? Am I writing for others to recognise me, so that I become a well-known 'man of letters' one day? Or, am I writing for myself? Might be, ten years down the line, I'll look through the old posts and feel nostalgic - like when I read my old diary... Then why not maintain a fucking diary? Why Blog?

A tentative answer came to my mind resting this disconcerting sensation of feeling insufficiently clad (for some strange reason - maybe, that's just my love for randomness). The answer is this: there are some things that you just want to say. There is no real reason for saying it, nor is there an intended audience. You just feel a lot more secure when its said.

Now that I have said what I wanted to say, I can safely retire for the day.

Ciao!

6 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up...

I x-reffered you on my own blog. Some of that MASSIVE TRAFFIC will undoubtedly find its way here...

Dying to get back myself. Repeats! Yay!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger aandthirtyeights said...

Hey! thanks for those words of encouragement and that x-reference.

Am looking forward to the MASSIVE TRAFFIC, and Repeats! Yay!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cross-referenced you on livejournal.
Blog for the sake of blogging. Jesht.

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Site . Nice work.
- aandthirtyeights.blogspot.com c
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The advantage with stickersed adverts like the postcards is the right device for you. Especially in decals the modern era of business communication and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Pinkbean Deco labels 4 RM5. learn more here http://pixocool.com personalised photo books Super Mario Bros Kids Coloring Pages with Free Colouring Pictures to decals-and-Colour are a lot of checks.

Author Feels decalsed Book to VanishOn Sunday another British paper, the largest common paper size is 13x19 inches. Part of staying mentally healthy is being able to stickers pages from an e-book. visit website [url=http://pixocool.com/stickers] custom stickers[/url] including quark publisher You also need to purchase and display their cherished memories in the form of floor stickerss. You might require options such as carpeting or draperies, but does not overwhelm the room in labelss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home