Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Point Being?

This is a conversation I had with a friend of mine a few days ago:

"I get freaked out by stars," I said.

"Why? They're my friends," she said.

"They're so far away, and you can still see them," I said, "makes you feel so irrelevant."

"That's good in a way, isn't it? Whatever you do has so little significance. Freedom!"

I laughed. "Creation overwhelms me. There's so much happening. What if you're missing the point?"

Both of us were quiet for a few seconds. And then she said, "Don't worry, you won't be the only one!"

"That's not the point of the fear, is it?" I asked.

No reply. We shifted to more mundane topics after that. Last night, I was sitting on the terrace alone, and I saw the stars again. This conversation suddenly came back to my mind. What if I've missed the point?

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Sita said...

Replied to this on my blog..
Like I said.. Existance is purpose enough.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Corny name said...

hehehehe...

goood.. so I'm not the olnly one...


well.. what if there wasn't a point... ..

nah.. that'd be too fucked anyway.... make us a bit more irrelevant than we really are...

don't think I could take that...


*cheers* here's to hoping we got the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home